Sunday 20 June 2010

solomon stole my baby

(This was my most popular on my deviantart account, hence why I named the blog after it.)

my skeleton is made of crystal
and if you cut me i bleed whispers
i breathe pixels and speak only
in pretty little lies
i am what i am because
i'm learning that i can't save everyone
that maybe even saving myself
is harder than ever

you are in a glass house
throwing stones
i am in a stone house
throwing glass
yours looks more risky, but
then why am i the first to bleed?
why am i breaking?

maybe i am your glass house
and i'm trapping you in
with the right medicines
we can change my genetic
mineral structure, until
i am china, 
and you are america?

we both know that we are only
doing what is best, what is
right [and three lefts
you know you are going the right way
when the road signs say
It Hurts To Watch You Do This

I Only Meant To Help]
i'm picking my nails out
so the wood where my bones 
should be won't warp and make me
stop typing, stop talking

let it go. please, let it go.
the only thing that can save me
dreams of me saying:
just leave. just die.
and i am letting everything go
so i can listen to you be quiet
and say i can't hurt you

like i wanted to beat you down
[and send you running
into his been-there-more-
than-you arms...] 
i can't do this, because
yes. i am scared. i'm scared
of the dark and the stove
and the fact that i'm losing you

my cape is in the wash today
so i guess the hero in me
won't be around
for anyone, anymore. i won't
try and stop you
if you can honestly tell me
you want this
you have no regrets

you watched your girlfriend cry
and you still aren't "even" with her
and he watched me cry
because i'm attention seeking
i want you to watch me cry, i 
want you to feel guilty
i'm an actress, and i can't hide things

my consicence is clear
because i haven't opened it
i am not holier-than-thou
[although, there are some
pretty big chunks of me gone]
it snowed today and i bet you left
footprints

i left snow angels because
it's what i am expected to do
and then i walked away
from the phone
because there was nothing
i could say to hurt you
but nothing was enough
to hurt me

No comments:

Post a Comment