Sunday 20 June 2010

summer nights, say goodbye.

I sat there, by the roadside.

You were sat next me, and your shadow hugged mine.

There was an ant, and we watched it moving.

Your arms were purple from cold and not from cold.

There was a pebble in the way, and the ant stopped.

I was shivering, because it was getting colder.

"He can't find the path" you said.

The ant had stopped, and it almost vanished from my sight.

"He needs the path, to get home" you said.

You put your warm hands on my shoulders.

I flicked the pebble away, and presto.

The ant was moving across the path, a very visible smudge.

I asked you why you went home.

"Because the path goes that way" you whispered.

Your dad had smeared berries under your skin.

The ant was gone, when I looked down.

The sun was almost asleep.

You followed your path home.

I walked down the street, scuffing dirty trainers on dirty path.

I turned to look for you, and trod on the ant.

No comments:

Post a Comment